Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Where Have I Been?

Great question.

Short Answer- Figuring out this post grad life with a few trips, a few birthdays (one including mine), a new beginning for my sister and brother in law, and a realization that I am in control of my life now. A life that no longer includes textbooks, finals or managing my time between school, work, and social life.

Long Answer-

Let me start off by apologizing for my absence. I started this blog for a college assignment. I am now graduated from college (crazy to think I'm actually a college graduate) yet I still find myself attached to this blog. I took some time away from blogging because it was becoming a chore for me. I didn't like that feeling. The feeling that I HAD to post something. When I was in classes I had to come up with a content calendar and follow it, I loved the planning and execution of it. But then I thought, I'm not in school anymore so I need some time to not follow a calendar and just step back.

I'm glad I did that because now I can really devote the time and make this the little blog that could.

I did it mostly for me. I want this to be a place where I can post about the things I am passionate about. A place where I can go to talk and create conversation. Some things I posted about before will make its way onto here, but there will also be some newness. I may not post daily or weekly, I'm working up to the idea of posting again and how frequently. I want to do what feels right for me.

I thought about switching platforms, going from Blogger to WordPress. I still may do that, I don't really know.

This summer has been a good one, i'll be honest I didn't get as much time in the sun as I had wanted. But that's understandable as a recent college graduate who is trying to figure out life after college. Which by the way i'm still waiting for my textbook of life to come in the mail to tell me what to do next and where to go...but I hear those don't exist and you need to create your own.

During my blog break and working... I celebrated my sisters birthday with a day trip to the Grove City Outlets in Pennsylvania, My Uncle and cousin coming in from Ohio for a week, a trip to Windmill Point Park in Fort Erie, CA with girlfriends, a full day by my friends pool, My 22nd birthday, My dogs 5th birthday, Going to Washington, DC with girlfriends for 4 days, going to Beaver Island beach, a day at the fair, my stepfathers birthday and recently moving my sister and brother in law into their new forever home. I feel like I have missed something, I possibly could have. I apologize if I have, it will come to me...

Bottom line, I'm thankful for this little blog and am excited for what's to come! I promise not to be a stranger anymore. The world is mine to conquer and I'm bringing you all along on the ride! Buckle up.

No comments:

Post a Comment