Tuesday, September 9, 2014

25 Things

Everyday I spend about 5 minutes scrolling through Us Weekly and People Magazine on my phone. To say I am obsessed with pop culture, entertainment and celebrities is an understatement. I have my favorite celebrities that I protect like they were my own blood, and then I have others that I don't agree with what they are doing. Yet I still protect them. The Kardashians? Back up and go home if you want to say something bad about them. I may be petite but I can take you. Buh-Bye.

I'm sure I just lost some readers. I don't care. Because this post isn't about them, it's inspired by them. Us Weekly has a weekly column where they feature a celebrity and 25 things you may not know about them. I love reading them. So this is my 25 things...



So who am I? Why am I doing this? Yes, I'm just a 20-something year old woman figuring out post grad life and not a celeb...but here we go:

1) My driver's license says I am 5'1". I'm actually 5'. I'm not quite sure where I lost that 1" but if you see it, return it. I need all the height I can take.

2) I am named after the Fleetwood Mac song, Rhiannon.

3) I was going to be named either Bianca, or Mariah. As unique as my name is and as often as it gets misspelled/mispronounced I am happy with my given name.

4) My Mom, Judith (she goes by Judy or Jude), named my sister, Jaclyn (she goes by Jackie) and my Dad, Robert (goes by Bob or Bobino) got to name me, Rhiannon. My Initials are RJC, before my sister got married in 2011 her initials were JRC. Are you following this "coincidence"? My mom named my sister a name with a J, her name starts with a J. My Dad named me and our names start with an R. If you ask my parents, they didn't plan this and they didn't plan to have our initials be the same but in a different order. Yeah, Ok.

5) My parents got divorced when I was just about to turn 4. I don't remember much of my parents together. My mom got remarried to my step dad, Tim when I was 7 years old.

6) I am very close to mom and my mom's mom, Gloria. When I was little I couldn't say "Grandma" so I called her "Pooka" for awhile. My sister started that.

7) My sister is my best friend. Although we are 10 years apart in age, we are very close.

8) I love playing board games. The Game of Life is my all time favorite.

9) Fraternal Twins run in my family, and it skips generations. My generation is the generation to have twins.

10) I am in love with my dog, Sophie Lil Mae Scarlett. If you ask me to choose her or you, well I would recommend not doing that because I will always pick her. If you met her, you'd understand. You know that saying "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog?" Yeah.


11) I prefer baking over cooking. I don't like the laid-back style of cooking, my dash and pinch could be different than yours and then the whole dish could be ruined. 

12) My favorite room in my house is my living room. I'm the most comfortable in my living room.

13) I have lived in the same house since I was born, 22 years ago.

14) I am petrified of going into attics. I do not like them and if you make me go in one, I apologize for the Anne Frank related comments that will be made. 

15) I never rode in a school bus to school at any point in my school career. My Mom and Stepdad both taught in the district I went to school in, which means I got to carpool with them every morning.

16) I do not know how to ride a bicycle. I will wait while you re-read that sentence because you are probably shocked, most are. I have no desire now to learn, just like I had no desire to learn as a child. Please don't teach me, I will just get frustrated. 

17) I am a stomach sleeper, the minute I lay on my stomach...I'm out. Oh, and I will steal all of the blankets and make the whole bed mine. 

18) When I get up in the morning I cannot get out of bed until the time ends in an even number, a 5 or a 7.

19) 5 and 7 are my lucky numbers.

20) I am not an adventurous eater at all. I order the same thing each time I go to a restaurant depending on what restaurant it is. 

21) I am apart of the best sorority in the world. Kappa Tau Beta. It's not a real sorority but it is. My best friend, Sara and I created it during our 22 hour drive to Disney World while we were driving through Atlanta, GA. Our two other best friends, Krista and Bobbie joined shortly after. We don't rush. The sisterhood is real, supportive and one of the best group of girlfriends to have. 

22) I love Disney. Disney World. And all things Disney.

23) I learn better when I can do it myself. I can read and listen to what I have to do but until I can physically touch and figure it out myself I won't learn it as well. 

24) I am horrible at math. Please don't ask me math related questions.

25) As a kid, I was allergic to Eggs. I outgrew the allergy but to this day the only way I can eat eggs is if they are disguised in something. 
__________

So there are my 25 things, this was actually easier than I thought it would be. I have so much more that I wanted to share but I will save that for another time and another post! What are your 25 things? Everyone has a story, that's what I love about meeting new people! I would love to hear some of yours in the comment section below!

xo.

2 comments:

  1. Loved reading these things about you! Great idea for SM content:) I will share with my class if you are not opposed:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Thank you! I enjoyed sharing. I look forward to the column each week so I thought it would be a good blog post. You are welcome to share with your class! It would be a really cool assignment too. Talk to you soon!

      Delete